Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Walking in and around PZ!

Lamorna Cove

Anyone who enjoys walking will LOVE the beautiful, interesting and enthralling costal path from Lamorna Cove to Mousehole!

I recently sported my walking boots and waterproof and took to the trail on a wet and windy Saturday afternoon and I was not disappointed, despite the weather. 

 My journey started from Penzance on a cute little bus headed for Lands end.  I hopped off at Lamorna turn and started the short and pleasant walk down to the cove.  The road was decorated with adorable little cottages, waterfalls, and trees so big you struggle to see the tops!

I was taken almost by surprise as the cove came into to view, let me tell you, it stopped me dead in my tracks...


 


Lamorna Cove is nothing short of picturesque, framed beautifully by rocky cliff tops, the sea rushes and dances along the beach playfully inviting you in, even in the freezing cold of March!


From this haven started my ascent up the coastal path and along to Mousehole.  Don't be fooled however, this walk is not for the faint hearted but more the adventure seeker.  Winds gust and blow as you walk, only adding to the excitement, and there are plenty of streams and rocks to scramble over 
...I have never been so muddy in my life it was amazing!

If you enjoy a bit of a challenge and don't mind a spot of mud, then this a an absolute MUST when your visiting Penzance or anywhere near.

Just please take my advice, wear wellies!


1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first
    comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.
    I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    flights to Umrah
    cheap flight to jeddah
    flights to jeddah
    umrah jeddah flights
    umrah flights from London
    cheap flights to umrah

    ReplyDelete